Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tibia - The Siren's Opening Verse

In my opening post, I mentioned a little game called Tibia. Like a first love, I briefly thought that this could be the one for me. Though I was grossly mistaken on the "One" status of Tibia (it's really quite embarrassing), it is quite an enjoyable little game. CipSoft, the creators of Tibia seem to have added quite a few more features to it since I last time I played.

Like many free-to-play games, Tibia is full of the usual riffraff. Scammers, and "rotflmao-omg-lolz ^_^" noobs are a dime a dozen. The graphics aren't the best and the control scheme is a little counter-intuitive. However, there's a pretty nice new player training system that gets you on your feet pretty quickly. You start off on the newbie island where there are quests to complete and monsters to slay. Everything you do there prepares you for your eventual decision to leave the noobie island for the mainland and picking a character class. One of the other things I really like about Tibia is the fact that there are many multi-lingual people. On an average day, I generally see English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, and French spoken. I like to see that in an online game. It proves that this game really does have a world-wide fan base.

While tibia didn't hold my attention like some other RPGs have done, it's still worth taking a look at. I've added a link to Tibia in the right-hand, "MMORPG Links" bar. Check it out already!

~~------------------@----------------~~


Why play it? These days, there are a lot of games out there that offer what Tibia has. Play Tibia if you're looking for a more retro feel to your MMORPG without losing too many of the features that the others offer.

No comments: