Friday, October 12, 2007

Let's get awesome!



I don't own a Wii, though I wish I did. When I do end up buying one, the first game I plan on buying is Super Paper Mario. What a great twist on the classic platformer! The Wii aside, a new indie game for the PC has burst into my sphere of awareness. Competing for the title of "unreleased game that Tony will trade his car for", Fez has joined Aquaria in this regard. To quote one poster on the Fez forums of The Independent Gamer : "It’s a whole different beast from Super Paper Mario. A different, AWESOME beast."

Not only does the gameplay look great, the music is a spectacular throwback to my childhood video gaming experiences. Think of me what you will, but it never occurred to me that people made music like this for a living. It's a whole new scene that I'm going to have to explore a bit more. For now, enjoy the video and get pumped about another really cool looking game! Like all the rest, keep up with news about Fez by following the link to your right.

UPDATE!: Fez recently won the award for Excellence in Visual Art at the 2008 Indie Games festival! Go Kokoromi!

No comments: